1. The eyebrow technician will have a look at the client’s eyebrows and discuss what shape the client would like to have, which might be based on sample photos. The technician will also advise the client about which eyebrow shapes suits her features and face shape.
2. Next, using an eyebrow pencil, the technician will trace the desired eyebrow shape on the client, review it, and then make adjustments on the angle or length if necessary.
3. The technician will then apply a numbing cream that needs to be kept on for at least 15 minutes before the procedure.
4. During the 15 minutes, the technician will choose the appropriate eyebrow colour that would depend on the client’s current eyebrow colour, hair colour and complexion.
5. The technician will begin the procedure with the use of a sterile knife that looks like a small scalpel with three small needles at the bottom; it is very sharp and thin. Small pieces of the top layer of the skin (epidermis) will be cut away and the chosen colour will be applied. The whole process takes about one to two hours.